Indoors or out, no one relaxes
In March, that month of wind and taxes…
– Ogden Nash
No rest for the wicked or weary here at the Fort Collins Chamber Music Society. There is a lot happening, so without further ado, please enjoy these bullet points:
· CLASSICAL REVOLUTION NORTHERN COLORADO: many of you may already familiar with Classical Revolution – our friends in San Francisco started this group in order to take classical chamber music to the public, presenting it in unusual places in a relaxed atmosphere….sound familiar? They have chapters all over the world, and we have decided to unite with them, become their newest chapter, and to change our name accordingly. Therefore, we will be phasing out the old name (FCCMS) and phasing in the new. In all other ways, however, we will remain the same: same mission, same board, same musicians, and so forth. So look for Classical Revolution NoCo in bars, breweries, museums and libraries near you!
· JULIET LETTERS: If you missed our performance at Still Cellars, it’s not too late: we are performing a selection of these Elvis Costello songs this Sunday, March 6 at 5PM at the Downtown Artery with friends Kate Austin-Groen and Luke Stephens. Bring your kids, your friends, you loved ones. It will be a very cool performance! https://www.facebook.com/events/181437458885700/
· CHICKEN & GIVIN’ AT THE FARMHOUSE: Every Sunday evening is Chicken & Givin’ at the Farmhouse at Jessup Farm. A portion of proceeds from every fried chicken platter sold goes to a monthly non-profit and this month WE are the recipient! So gather your friends any Sunday in March and march down to the Farmhouse for a fried chicken dinner – it’s a fun and easy way to help us raise money! Learn more here: https://www.facebook.com/thefarmhouseatjessupfarm/
· STAGING YOUTH SHOWCASE: We will be collaborating with local bands again this year – this showcase features high school students from around the region who have been working with professional musical groups. It will be a very fun afternoon of music at the Aggie on April 3. Details are here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1993518960873321/
· FOCOMX8: We are excited to announce that we have been invited back to perform at this year’s local music festival, FOCOMX. Mark you calendars for April 22 at 8pm at the Digital Dome in the Museum of Discovery. You may recall our performances there at last year’s Fringe Festival and our Melody of our History Concert – it’s so cool that we’ll be back there again for this. We feel really honored to be the only (so far) classical music group represented in this otherwise comprehensive music festival and hope this paves the way for other classical groups.
· CLASSICAL EVOLUTION: But wait, there’s more. So much more. June 5 at 4pm at Avo’s: we will present an afternoon of diverse chamber music, featuring the Front Range Sax Quartet, Madera Dulce, 5 Suites to the Wind, and more. We anticipate the participation again of the lovely women at Limelight Studio – you won’t want to miss out on something this unique!
· MELODY OF OUR LANDSCAPE/FORT FUND: We are so pleased to announce that Fort Fund has awarded us a new grant (our largest one yet). This year we will present another series of family concerts – this time focusing on the unique and beautiful landscape of Northern Colorado. We are commissioning a new piece of music for woodwind quintet celebrating the recent release of the bison to Soapstone Prairie and will present this piece, along with several others, at the Museum of Discovery Digital Dome along with panoramic video and photography by local photographers.
· SECOND ANNUAL TANGO CONCERT: Mark your calendars and dust off your dancing shoes. July 1 we are holding our second annual Tango Concert and Fundraiser. There will be food, drinks, dancing, a silent auction, a dance lesson – all to help raise matching funds for above mentioned grant.
· AMAZONSMILE: If you are like me, you probably use Amazon. A LOT. Well do you know about AmazonSmile? It’s a website operated by Amazon that lets customers enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices, and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when customers shop on AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), they will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charitable organizations selected by customers. And that means US – you can select “Fort Collins Chamber Music Society” as your charitable organization of choice and from that point on, a portion of your purchase prices will go to us. At no cost to you! It’s a win/win. Please consider taking a minute to set that up!